Undoubtedly the most important work I do is hire and retain the men and women who teach our children every school day. Our core values emphasize the importance of teachers as role models who point the way to Christ while developing caring relationships with students which transcend the classroom experience. I’m excited to announce the following additions to our great team:
- Miss Becca Blauert, First Grade. Miss Blauert will be moving from Pagosa Springs, Colorado, where she’s taught preschool this past year. Prior to that Miss Blauert was an elementary teacher at Sekolah Pelita Harapan, an excellent Christian school in Indonesia, for seven years, mostly in First Grade. She has her Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado.
- Mrs. Valerie Pierson, Second Grade. Mrs. Peirson comes to us from Whitefish Christian Academy, where she’s been a preschool teacher this past year. She also has experience teaching both First and Second Grade as well as High School English in Kalispell School District Five. Mrs. Pierson has Bachelor’s Degrees from both the University of Sioux Falls and the University of Great Falls in Communications and Education respectively.
- Ms. Kristine Birkenstock, Fourth Grade. Ms. Birkenstock has been a part of the Stillwater community as a Stillwater parent and will now return to the classroom teaching Fourth Grade. She has eight years’ experience teaching Fifth through Eighth grade at Christian schools in Illinois and Arizona. Ms. Birkenstock has a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education from Trinity International University and will also be serving as our Women’s Soccer coach.
- Mr. Allen Hazen, Sixth Grade Language Arts, History, and Bible. Mr. Hazen is a Kalispell native who spent the last six years teaching Sixth and Eighth Grade English and Language Arts in Las Vegas, Nevada, where he also helped start a new church. Prior to that, he taught two years of Sixth Grade English at Ronan Middle School. Mr. Hazen has Bachelor’s Degrees in both English and Secondary Education from the University of Great Falls and a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction from Western Governor’s University.
- Mrs. Hannah Silvey, High School English. Mrs. Silvey is coming to us from Glennallen, Alaska, where she has spent the last three years serving as a High School English teacher and Guidance Counselor. Prior to that, she spent seven years teaching both Middle and High School English in Utah, including Advanced Placement (AP) Language. Mrs. Silvey will teach 10th and 11th Grade English at Stillwater, including 11th Grade AP English. Mrs. Silvey has a Bachelor’s in English with an emphasis in Secondary Education from Biola University and a Master’s in Teaching, also from Biola University.