Portrait of a Graduate
Stillwater Christian School strives to produce graduates who:
- Approach life through the lens of a Biblical worldview
- Think clearly and critically
- Communicate effectively in writing and speech
- Embrace, articulate, and exemplify the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Intentionally display God’s image through pursuit of creative artistic excellence
- Serve others through caring, faithful presence
- Lead, follow, and collaborate well as members of teams
- Responsibly steward their gifts out of a sense of calling
Persevere through adversity with godly character
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the verbal plenary, divinely inspired, authoritative and inerrant Word of God, our sole authority.
- We believe in only one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ: His virgin birth; His sinless life; His miracles; His substitutionary and atoning death; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father; His present work of intercession; His personal forthcoming return in power and glory.
- We believe that all human beings are sinners before God, and apart from salvation through Jesus Christ, are unable to avoid eternal condemnation.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful persons, regeneration by the Holy Spirit leading to personal faith in Jesus Christ is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling and renewing the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, those who are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life, and those that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the creation of the universe and human beings was a unique, designed act of God and that man and woman were made in the image and likeness of God.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary sexes together reflect the image and nature of God.
- We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death.
Revised by the SCS Board in March 2019