Stillwater Christian is committed to:
Reviewed and amended July 2013
- the trivium as the best structure to equip students to think, write and speak clearly and to be thoroughly grounded with a biblical worldview.
- developing Christian character for life through instruction, in relationships, in work habits and decision making.
- a staff who are role models as followers of Christ and who demonstrate that the Christian faith encompasses all of life.
- a faculty of gifted teachers who are enthusiastic learners and who establish caring relationships with students that transcend the classroom experience.
- honoring family and church as God ordained institutions and to teaching values that reinforce families' efforts to raise their children biblically.
- extracurricular activities that enrich student's learning, development, and maturity.
- the fine arts as a means of praising God in a variety of modes as students learn basic technique and appreciation for the various disciplines of the Fine Arts.
- providing athletic opportunities that develop Christian character, leadership, teambuilding, and preparation for life.
- well-kept buildings and grounds that are designed to meet the educational objectives of the school program.
- maintaining independence as a private, non-denominational educational institution.
- a campus environment that encourages cooperation and modeling among students of all grade levels.
- pursuing and maintaining third party associations and accreditations that assist in advancing our mission.
To equip students with the tools for learning through a Christ-centered education.
To develop lifelong learners who discern and apply God's truth as they serve and lead wherever God calls.
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the verbal plenary, divinely inspired, authoritative and inerrant Word of God, our sole authority.
We believe in only one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ:His virgin birth;
His sinless life;
His substitutionary and atoning death;
His bodily resurrection;
His ascension to the right hand of the Father;
His present work of intercession;
His personal forthcoming return in power and glory.
We believe that all mankind are sinners before God, and apart from salvation through Jesus Christ, are unable to avoid eternal condemnation.
We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit leading to personal faith in Jesus Christ is essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling and renewing the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life, and those that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe the creation of the universe and man was a unique, designed act of God and that man was made in the image and likeness of God.
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union.
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death.
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Stillwater Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Directors is Stillwater Christian School’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Approved by Board, Oct 2015