Do you pay taxes to the state of Montana?  Would you rather give some of that money to a scholarship organization which benefits Stillwater Christian School? 
    In order to participate in this program you need to do THREE things: 
    1. Give a donation to Big Sky Scholarships - the easiest way to do this is through their website.  You may also write a check and send it to:
           Big Sky Scholarships
           PO Box 827
           Havre, MT  59501
      Currently, the website does not allow donors to designate the school they’d like to benefit.  Until that time, we encourage you to use the “contact” function on the website to inform Big Sky Scholarships that you’d like your donation to benefit Stillwater Christian School.  If you send a check, please write “Stillwater Christian School” in the memo.
    2. Register your donation with the MT Department of Revenue (DOR) through their website. By registering, you’ll receive a confirmation code that entitles you to the tax credit.
    3. Claim the tax credit when filing your taxes after January 1st


    Big Sky Scholarships will remind donors to claim the credit after the new year.

  • Big Sky
    In 2015, the Montana legislature created a dollar-for-dollar tax credit program that enables Montana taxpayers to direct a portion of their tax liabilities towards scholarships for K-12 students. The tax credit that a Montana taxpayer (individual or corporation) can claim is $150 per person or $300 per couple. 
    The legislators behind this new program view it as the beginning of meaningful school choice in Montana. For this program to expand, however, Montana taxpayers need to participate.  With the credit being dollar for dollar, it's a simple choice, so please make your donation before the year is out and SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH OTHERS (family, friends, church communities etc.) so that they can participate as well.