Dates to Remember (for current 2018/19 families):
- March 4 - Open Enrollment (space in classes for established students no longer reserved)
- March 31 - Last Day to notify SCS (without CEF penalty if student is not returning)
- April 30 - FACTS Financial Aid Completion Date (to receive $50 per student discount on first month's tuition.
Continuous Enrollment at Stillwater Christian School
Why Continuous Enrollment (CE)?
Stillwater has adopted a new way to re-enroll our current students, starting with the 2018/19 school year. We understand and are thankful that the vast majority of Stillwater families choose to remain at SCS through graduation, so we are moving towards a simple, seamless process for you to keep your children enrolled with us. You will now be able to enjoy a Continuous Enrollment (CE) system, reducing paperwork and hopefully making enrollment logistically very convenient.
What do I get out of CE?
- Simplicity! We look forward to serving SCS families by moving towards a simple, seamless process for you to keep your children enrolled with us.
- Guaranteed placement. By opting into CE, you’ll be locking down that coveted seat for your child until graduation.
What is the Continuous Enrollment Fee (CEF)?
The CEF, formerly the re-registration fee, secures placement for the upcoming year. This fee is collected in order to assist the SCS administration in effectively planning for staffing and curriculum for the upcoming school year.
How is the Continuous Enrollment Fee (CEF) collected?
One CEF per student will be billed to your FACTS account in March. The CEF amount will be published in February.
What happens if I haven’t signed my Continuous Enrollment Contract (CEC) by the first Monday in March (our open enrollment date)?
The student will not be considered enrolled in the upcoming school year’s class. Once the CEC is signed and the CEF is paid, the student will then be added to the waiting list and will be officially enrolled in his or her class, as space is available.
Is the Continuous Enrollment Fee (CEF) refundable?
Once paid, the yearly CEF is non-refundable, except when contingent on financial aid or due to a relocation of 50 miles or more from the family’s current address. The financial aid contingency is only in effect when the “FACTS Grant & Aid” application and supporting documents are submitted and verified by the last day of April each enrolling year.
What if I am behind on my account?
All accounts must be current in order to keep your CE status active. Students will not be considered enrolled for the upcoming school year until accounts are current and the CEF is paid. Please contact the school office if your student’s CEF does not get billed to your account in March.
What will the tuition be next year?
Click here for current tuition amounts. Tuition rates for the following year will be determined by the end of January, and will be posted to the website in February.
I will be applying for financial aid. What will my payment be for next year?
The tuition amount of the previous school year will be billed to your FACTS account until financial aid is determined.
When can I apply for financial aid?
Currently enrolled families may complete the application for financial aid any time after February 15. The application must be completed and verified by “FACTS Grant and Aid” by the April 30 deadline. New families may apply after receiving acceptance for enrollment.
My child is in preschool. Will I have a Continuous Enrollment Fee (CEF)?
The CEF does not apply to preschool students unless they are entering Kindergarten at SCS for the upcoming school year. Parents whose children will be returning for another year of preschool will pay the re-registration fee of $250 to secure placement in the preschool class.
My preschooler will be attending Kindergarten at SCS. What do I need to do?
A Continuous Enrollment Contract (CEC) and new family/student paperwork will need to be submitted by the first Monday in March.
I am enrolling a new sibling. What do I need to do?
- Complete the application and contract here.
- To maintain priority sibling status, complete the application by the start of Open Enrollment, the first Monday in March.
I have not been billed for the CEF, and/or I have questions not answered here. Who do I contact?
Contact Amy Orem in the high school office at 406.752.4400.
What if my student(s) is/are not returning next year?
- Once you notify the Admissions Director of your intent to withdraw, you will receive an email with a link to the “Intent to Withdraw Form.” You must reconcile your tuition and fees account before the withdrawal is final. Requests for the transfer of student records and year-end report cards will be processed only when a student’s account with Stillwater Christian School is paid in full.
- If a student withdraws from school after the second week of the new school year, tuition is assessed for the actual days enrolled. However, if a refund is necessary, the equivalent of one month’s tuition is non-refundable and will be deducted from that balance. The parent/guardian will be billed for any outstanding balance of fees.