Stillwater Christian School is pleased to announce that we will have Eric Metaxas as our Graduation speaker on May 24, 2024. Eric is a prime example of the aspirational elements of our mission/vision insofar as he embodies the elements found in our Portrait of an SCS graduate:
- Approach life through the lens of a Biblical worldview
- Think clearly and critically
- Communicate effectively in writing and speech
- Embrace, articulate, and exemplify the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Intentionally display God’s image through pursuit of creative artistic excellence
- Serve others through caring, faithful presence
- Lead, follow, and collaborate well as members of teams
- Responsibly steward their gifts out of a sense of calling
- Persevere through adversity with godly character
Eric is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Is Atheism Dead?, Fish Out of Water, Martin Luther, If You Can Keep It, Bonhoeffer, Amazing Grace, and Miracles. His latest book is Letter to the American Church; the sequel, Religionless Christianity will be released in March 2024 by Salem Books. He has written more than thirty children’s books, and his books have been translated into more than twenty-five languages.
In 2011, Metaxas was the 17th recipient of the Canterbury Medal awarded by the Becket Fund for Religious Freedom; previous medalists include Mitt Romney, Chuck Colson, and Elie Wiesel. He has testified before Congress about the rise of anti-Semitism in the U.S. and abroad, and spoke at CPAC2013 on the issue of Religious Freedom. In September 2013, Eric and his wife Susanne were jointly awarded the Human Life Review’s “Great Defender of Life Award.” Metaxas has also been awarded honorary Doctorates from Hillsdale College, Liberty University and Sewanee: The University of the South. He lives in New York City with his wife and daughter.
More information will be available January 15, 2024.
Equipping lifelong, discerning learners through Scripture, building Character, for Service to Jesus Christ!